Summer is the perfect time to take a family summer road trip. School is out, so the kids are totally up for an adventure! There are endless possibilities when it comes to the type of road trips you can take. From a local destinations, or to somewhere across the country.
Not sure where you want to go? Open a map and flip a coin! Here are also three great adventures to get your mind wandering and maybe inspire your next trip: Quebec City, Haliburton and Tofino. Not sure what each has to offer? Read more below!
- Tofino, British Columbia. Looking for something truly picturesque? Head to Canada’s surf capital Tofino. Get your family on a ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo and drive along the Pacific Rim Highway for a truly breathtaking view of mountains and lakes, along with rainforest. The area is also known for its trees, which grow in spectacular sizes. Some trees are believed to be 1000 years old.
- Haliburton, Ontario. Truly the quintessential summer escape from the big city, you’ll practically feel the stress lifting as you start driving into cottage country. There are several scenic route options dotted with great ice cream parlours along the way, which all lead to good times ahead. Whether you stay for the day or rent a cottage, you’ll want to make sure you stop at Webers in Orillia, a Canadian burger landmark since 1963.
- Quebec City, Quebec. Whatever direction you’re coming in from, stop in a few francophone villages on your way into the old city to soak up the culture, food and French! Making your way through the beautiful and lush countryside, you’ll be thrilled to arrive at your final destination: old Quebec City, a city full of history, architecture, cobble stone streets and endless charm.
Before you head out on a great adventure, make sure you are always well prepared, especially when there’s kids in the mix! Hope for less “are we there yet?” and more “wow, this is amazing!” You’ll want to make sure you pack things like a GPS system, snacks, sunscreen, first aid supplies and good music!
To get you ready for your family adventure this summer, here are some very practical products to put in your travel toolkit.
- GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Lozenges – curb motion sickness for you and your kids (over the age of six) while on a summer road trip with these chewable lozenges – convenient, portable and you don’t need any water! GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are a great option for your little ones two years and over! (GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are not included in giveaway).
- OxiClean™ Foam Pretreat – spills and stains are bound to happen any day but can be a disaster on road trips. Treat them the day they happen and then you can just throw it in the wash a few days later when you make it to your destination!
- ORAJEL™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste 119g, in either Super Mario™ or The Ultimate Spider-ManTM or My Little Pony™ – with road trips come snacks and fast food so ensuring your little ones are brushing is especially important.
- Vitafusion™ Women’s and Men’s Complete Multivitamins – are geared towards providing essential nutrients specifically needed by men and women to maintain their health, in a tasty gummy that you can take without water. They’re a fun way to make sure you meet your nutritional goals when you are summer road trippin’ around Canada!
Now For the Summer Road Trippin’ Around Canada Giveaway!
Approximate retail value of the giveaway: $50
Open to Residents of Canada Only 18+