It’s the middle of January and by now we are all looking for ways to survive the rest of this glacial Canadian Winter. Warm up your frosty fingers, scroll down to read more…
Frigid wind, harsh cold and dry indoor heating is starting to take its toll on our hair and skin. Cold air has a lot less moisture than warm humid air, making hair and skin drier than ever. To complicate things, cold weather hits you harder as you get older making your skin’s natural oil-producing ability grind to a halt resulting in rough, dry, flaky skin. Oil production in the scalp also declines with each decade you have under your fashionable pleather belt resulting in frizzy, static fly a way hair more reminiscent of childhood winter adventures than of a confident grown woman!
Tame that Staticky fly-away hair
We love hats, but hate what they do to our hair. Even if you don’t wear hats to try and save your coiffed style; with sweaters, heavy coats, and scarfs in the mix, guaranteed you’ll be fighting with those fly-a-ways. If you’re lucky, it won’t be as bad as that time you went to the science centre with your class, put your hand on that huge metal ball and delighted as your hair floated up all around.
There’s an easy solution to help tame static hair; simply use old dryer sheet. Dryer sheets (even used ones) are infused with waxes. Gently stroking your mane with a used dryer sheet lightly coats your hair, neutralizing the static instantly. (Also works on pants and skirts.)
Stay Active and Eat Healthy to Avoid Sickness
Get outside! Even though it’s cold, sunshine will help you feel better. Bundling up, going for a walk, or getting outside to play gets your blood pumping. There are so many ways to stay active in the winter both inside and outside. Make sure you’re drinking enough water and high anti-oxidant herbal teas to keep your body and skin hydrated. Eating healthy, nutritious foods like fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins will help strengthen your immune system helping you to avoid getting sick. Don’t be afraid to supplement if you have to.
Avoid Dry Skin
Using lukewarm water and restricting showers to 5-10 minutes helps to keep your skin from drying out. The most important way to take care of your skin in the winter is by applying a good, rich moisturizer like Gold Bond® Ultimate Skin Therapy Lotion with Aloe all over your body as soon as you get out of the shower while your skin is still damp. This helps to lock-in more precious moisture than when you apply moisturizer to dry skin.
Please, don’t forget about your hands! Washing your hands frequently is important in the winter. Wash your hands often and try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. This is the most common way for viruses to be introduced into your body.
Lastly, don’t forget to use a rich moisturizing hand product like Gold Bond® Ultimate Healing Hand Cream, with its HYDRALast formula and seven Intensive Moisturizers it even lasts through hand washing. Frequent washing and warm woolly mittens can zap the moisture out of your hands quickly.
If all else fails; go south. You can get some amazing deals to fly somewhere south for a few days, even better; a few weeks. You’ll want to make sure you don’t take your dry, flaky, winter skin with you.
To learn more about Gold Bond® Ultimate Skin Therapy lotions visit Gold Bond® Canada.
You read about how Gold Bond Ultimate line of lotions helped me beat my Winter Skin Blues.. Now they’re going to help one of you beat your Winter Skin Blues too!
To help you get through and survive winter, one (1) lucky Canadian reader is going to win a Gift Basket full of Gold Bond® Ultimate Skin Therapy products (valued at $120) to help you get through and survive winter Product Junkie Style!
HOW TO ENTER:
Leave a comment on this blog post telling me what your worst winter dry skin area is AND Which Gold Bond® Ultimate Skin Care product would you use to soothe it?
You can only win this prize once across all participating blogs. Giveaway ends January 29, 2016 at 5pm
Disclosure: As a Chatelaine Taster & Tester, I was sent Samples of Gold Bond® Ultimate Skin Therapy Lotion to review, and was compensated for my time to write this post. All opinions and experiences expressed above are 100% forever mine.
Full Contest Rules & Regulations:
- The winner must by a Canadian resident who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
- ENTRY LIMIT: Only one (1) entry per person and per Facebook account for the duration of the contest.
- To enter the contest, answer the question “what is your worst winter dry skin area AND Which Gold Bond® Ultimate Skin Care product would you use to soothe it?”
- You must submit your answer in the commentary box below this blog post. Winner will be randomly selected in Canada on January 29, 2016 at 5PM.
- If the winner has not claim the prize before February 2, 2016 at 23:59, a second draw will occur.
- Entrants are eligible to win one (1) grand prize consisting of a Gold Bond® gift basket. There is 1 box to win of a value of $120.
- The name of the winner will be announced on Facebook and Twitter after the closing date.
- The contest ends on January 29, 2016 at 5 PM (ET).
- No purchase necessary.
- Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.